Working at home is easy. You just have to find a way to get hired by doing work for internet marketers, website owners and online entrepreneurs who are strapped for time and resources. They outsource to willing providers who can deliver articles, scripts, projects, services and others in a timely fashion. If you’re diligent and driven to provide for your family, writing gigs are for you.
Top Choices for Freelancing Gigs
1. Elance.com – If you can speak and write in English well, this is the place to be. Meet clients who are willing to pay top dollar for the best providers. If you want to join this network for free as a service provider, click here.
2. Freelancer.com – They have more programming jobs than writing jobs, but bloggers and writers can still saunter over and get free access to several high paying copywriting and content writing gigs (see below).
Steps to Getting Hired ASAP
1. Build a strong portfolio of writing samples – Write a few articles about topics you like and give them to clients who are asking for ‘samples’.
2. Build a website or blog and write regularly – If you’re a blogger and you write on the net frequently, clients will see value in hiring you. You already understand the business and they will see the quality of your work live on your blog. If you don’t have a website and a domain name yet, please view my review of the best hosting places online to get started.
3. Keep your freelance rate low – I recommend starting low, 3-5 dollars per article or lower, then increasing your rate when you have a steady stream of clients. Some clients will negotiate for a lower price, so it’s best if you have a “standard rate” to give them at the onset.